Friday 13 April 2012

The Great Bus Controversy

I've been too busy selling books today to follow the Great Bus Controversy as closely as I might.

A cursory glance (whilst my dinner cooks) tells me there has been a furore.

I'm reminded that long before Margaret Thatcher appropriated the quote, poet Brian Howard told us that,

“Anybody seen in a bus over the age of 30 has been a failure in life”.

Anglican Mainstream, Boris Johnson, several commentators (with the unwitting help of Stonewall), have between them demonstrated that attempting to place illegal adverts on buses brings deeply unpleasant sentiments to a far wider audience than money can buy or the law allows.

Lesson of the day. Ignore silly people.

(That was a hostage to fortune if ever I wrote one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment